top of page

Domestic direct investment is key for Malaysia’s sustainable growth

The Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) has called for the enhancement of domestic direct investment (DDI) to ensure Malaysia’s sustainable growth. MIDA CEO Datuk Arham Abdul Rahman said DDIs play an important role in the local economy given their huge contribution to the GDP. With global uncertainties, having vibrant DDI is essential to woo foreign direct investments, he added. FDI and DII complement one another and both segments deserve equal attention. In 2012-2021, DDI contributed 64.2% of the total approved investment in Malaysia’s economy, while the remaining 35.8% was from FDI.

Comments


bottom of page